Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Christmas Cloche - (CTD467)

 Welcome!  I'm kicking it off the first of November with a Christmas card for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!  Our colors for this week are so versatile that they could be used to create almost any kind of card so we hope you'll join in and play along.  Before I get to my card, I'd like to welcome our talented Color Throwdown November Guest Designer, Kelly Lunceford.
For my card I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set Cloche Quarters: Winter Fillers along with the coordinating dies.  I used a white card base and rounded the bottom corners then added a horizontal strip of pure poppy polka dot paper.  Next I die cut my scalloped tropical teal rectangle using the Mix & Mat: Scallops Die and stamped it with snowflakes and swirls from the Silver White Winters stamp set.  After that, I die cut and stamped my images from both the original Cloche Quarters stamp set, for the pedestal, wood platform and dome and the new Cloche Quarters: Winter Fillers set along with the Merry Christmas from the Cloche Quarters: Sentiment Mini set.  I die cut two of the snowflakes from the Silver White Winters dies and adhered the larger on the bottom left corner, then added my scalloped rectangle with foam tape and arranged and adhered my images and the smaller snowflake in the top right corner.  I added some dots of white gel pen, iridescent glitter and dots of red glitter to complete my scene.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Kelly Lunceford - November Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

1 comment:

Melissa Grant said...

This just makes me smile...reminds me of childhood Christmases :)