Friday, September 1, 2017

Wishing you a Magical Day

Hello there!  Happy Friday!  Today I'm sharing a fun card I created using the Avery Elle stamp set Be a Unicorn along with the coordinating Be a Unicorn dies.
I needed a birthday card to mail to my niece and before I had an idea of what I wanted to make I purchased a Target gift card and inspiration hit.  The gift card was so pretty with it's sun burst and unicorn and when you tilted the card it had a metallic shimmer that I thought I'd try and re-create something close with the card I would make.  I started out with a white card base then used a panel of white cardstock which I corner rounded and blended on some mustard seed distress ink in the upper left corner.  Next I die cut a sun from the Papertrey Ink set Heart to Heart #6 and made a mask laying it over where I had blended on the yellow.  Once my sun mask was in place, I really started having fun with blending on my distress inks.  I used spiced marmalade, picked raspberry and wilted violet distress inks to blend in my background.  Once my ink blending was done, I removed my sun mask and stamped just the outline of the sun image from the Heart to Heart #6 set and then blended over the whole top of my card with more mustard seed distress ink and then stamped some sun rays in pumpkin pie ink using the PTI stamp set, Hello Sunshine.  Next I stamped all of my images and colored them using Copic markers then die cut them out along with two sets of clouds using the Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud Borders.  I stamped my sentiment and some stars onto the die clouds then blended on some spun sugar distress ink along the edges and adhered them to my card front, popping up the top layer of clouds with foam tape.  I added my unicorn, hearts and star, popping up the unicorn with more foam tape and then I used a Wink of Stella glitter pen on the sun, the unicorn and the edges of the clouds, some icicle Stickles on the stars and some Glossy Accents on the hearts and horn of the unicorn.

Avery Elle Clear Stamp BE A UNICORN 023642



Lawn Fawn PUFFY CLOUD BORDERS Lawn Cuts LF915


No comments: