Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Birthday Tweetings - (CTD446)

Hello!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge and with the start of June, I'd like to welcome our new guest designer for this month, Audrey Tokach.
After seeing the colors and inspiration photo for this week's CTD Challenge, I thought that I'd go with the fun birds in the My Favorite Things stamp set, Tweet Friends and Tweet Friends Die-namics.  And after browsing through a few challenge sites, I thought I'd play along with the current Inkspirational Challenge which is to create a window somewhere on your card.
So for my card, I used a white card base and used the Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle die to cut my window and backed it up with a piece of berry sorbet cardstock which I stenciled using the Diagonal Bars Stencil.  Next I die cut the Cheerful Cages die, both the solid cage and the detailed cage and glued them together and adhered the cage with foam tape to my card front.  I also stamped two of the birds from the Tweet Friends set and colored them with Copic markers, die cut them out and adhered them to the cage.  After that, I used a Stitched Sentiment Strip die that I die cut and stamped my sentiment, adding it to the bottom of my cut out window.  Then I stamped and die cut some flowers from the Mini Modern Blooms set and added them to two corners of my frame.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Audrey Tokach - June Guest Designer

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Wow... that bird cage and those little birds are adorable! What a great die set! I love your vivid colors and the addition of the flowers. A really lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Marina said...

Cute and colourful.
Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.