Thursday, May 11, 2017

What's UP?

Hi there!  Long time no see!  From the latest release of products from My Favorite Things Stamps, I saw these adorable giraffes and knew they were going in my cart.  The long and short of it is that I had to have these giraffes!  They were Giraffing Me Crazy with how cute they were! ;)
Well, of course once I received them in my pretty pink tissued wrapped MFT stamps box, I knew I wanted to make a long tri-folded card with the cute giraffes and their long necks peaking over the edge.
So please bear with me, this is a LOOONG post.
The first thing I did to create my card, was to take a piece of copy paper and cut it to the size I wanted, score it and play around with my layout so I'd know exactly how I wanted my card to look (below is a picture with measurements for  my card).  After that, I stamped all of the giraffe images from the Giraffing Me Crazy set, colored them with Copic markers and die cut them out using the Giraffing Me Crazy die-namics.
Next I stamped my flowers from the MFT Bold Blooms stamp set and die cut them using the coordinating Bold Blooms die-namics.  For the inside panel, I stamped and die cut a balloon from the Adorable Elephant stamp set and colored it with Copic markers as well.  From the Adorable Elephants set and others that I have, there are so many cute images that would be fun to use with these giraffes, everything from party hats to butterflies.
To assemble my card, I used light weight white cardstock and cut it to size (see below photo) and scored it and then used some tumbled glass distress ink and a die cut cloud to blend in some sky along the top edge of my card inside and out.  When I was doing this, I was wishing I had not forgotten to purchase the cool new cloud making stencil from the last MFT release.  Next time!  After that, I used some new leaf cardstock and die cut some grass using a grass border die.  I should mention, that if you look at second picture below, you can see that there is a little gap in the green cardstock along the fold.  Without that gap, my card wouldn't close properly and lay flat.  I probably will take a green marker and color that in but I was afraid of messing up my card.  Once I had my sky blended on and my grass, I needed some sentiments to stamp.  I liked the What's Up? that came with the set because the little giraffe on the front was looking up, but I wanted this to be a birthday card so I searched through my MFT stamps and found the Birthday Girl sentiment in with a My Balloon Pure Innocence set (retired) and used that, lining both sentiments up one at a time in my Misti and voila'.  The Happy Birthday sentiment on the inside was from the Adorable Elephants set.  Finally all that was left was to adhere my flowers and giraffes, popping up the little giraffe on the lower front of my card with foam tape.
If you made it to the end of this long post, I thank you for sticking with me!


My Favorite Things GIRAFFING ME CRAZY Clear Stamps CS199

8 comments:

zehra said...

Lovely card💕

Happy Little Crafter said...

OMG! This is the most wonderful Z-fold card I have ever seen! My husband is in the hospital right now and seeing your card lifted my spirits more than you know...and isn't that one of the best reasons for being a paper crafter?! Thanks bunches, Lynn, for starting my day out with a big dose of sunshine ^_^

Janeen said...

This is so adorable. Thank you so much for including very precise measurements and folding line you're a gem

Luanne said...

Oh my! SO cute!!!! Absolutely adorable!

Marisa said...

Totally adorable.

Anonymous said...

This is the exact card fold I was looking for! Adorable giraffes 🦒

Syl said...

What is measurement of lower left side? I'm unable to see it clearly.

Syl said...

Now I see the measurement is 2".
Thanks for the awesome card to CAS!