Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Thank You - (CTD442)

Hello there!  We have a new Color Throwdown Challenge that starts today but it's also a special Color Throwdown Challenge because each of the girls on the CTD design team are honoring our team leader, Barbara Anders as a way of saying thank you for keeping our team running smoothly and making the Color Throwdown possible.  Thank you for everything you do, Bar!
 
For my thank you card, I used the new Papertrey Ink stamp set Gran's Garden along with the Mix & Mat: Scallops Die.  I started out with a white card base, added a panel of spring rain cardstock and a strip of classic kraft cardstock toward the bottom.  Next I used the Mix & Mat: Scallops die and die cut a piece of watercolor paper which I watercolored using some Jane Davenport bright watercolors.  After that I die cut and stamped my flowers and stems using harvest gold, summer sun (su), canyon clay, kraft and cocoa inks.  I used the PTI stamp set Thank You Kindly to stamp my sentiment in black ink and then adhered that panel using foam tape to my card front.  Then I added my stamped flowers and stems, popping up the top flower with foam tape and glued on some silver sequins.  I also added some copper Stickles glitter to the centers of each flower for some sparkle.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Amy Tsuruta - May Guest Designer

We also have an alumni team member joining us for this week's special challenge, Tammy Hershberger.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.



3 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Lynn! Love these new PTI goodies!

~amy~ said...

I love how you've combined the colors for such a pretty floral design!

Broni said...

Such a beautiful card, Lynn! LOVE how the bright yellow flowers pop against the soft blue!