Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A Magical Day - (CTD415)

Hi there!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!
For my card I used the Lawn Fawn stamp set Fairy Friends along with the Fairy Friends Lawn Cuts.  A month or so ago I sat and stamped a whole sheet of these fairies and flowers and colored them with Copic markers knowing I would use them on different cards.  Well that's what I used for my card today.  I'm lacking in the mojo department today, it might have something to do with staying up late last night and cleaning my basement and being tired, so it was nice to be able to reach for these stamped, colored and die cut pieces to put a card together today.  For my background paper, I used the Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid petite paper and matted it with brown cardstock.  Then I die cut two circles, one from white cardstock and another from brown for the mat.  I blended on some broken china distress ink on my white circle and then used the Lawn Fawn Grassy Hillside Borders to die cut  my green hill.  I added my fairy house, stone steps, flowers and popped up fairy to my circle and adhered it to my card along with my sentiment banner and flowers.  As a finishing touch, I used my Wink of Stella glitter brush and added glitter to the fairy's wings and all of the flowers.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Erin Lee Schreiner - October Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

Pin It

1 comment:

Rose said...

This card is so adorable!!!