Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Celebrate - (CTD411)

Hello!  I hope your week is going good!  It's Wednesday and time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.  We've got some beautiful vibrant colors for challenge #411 and I hope you'll join us and play along.
For my card I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets, Bold Blossoms & Calligraphy Classics to create a birthday card.  I started out by stamping the outline of the flowers and leaves onto watercolor paper and watercoloring them with the following inks: limeade ice, ocean tides, new leaf, royal velvet, pure poppy, yoyo yellow, rich razzelberry.  After they were dry I die cut all of my pieces.  Next I used a piece of watercolor paper and watercolored using yoyo yellow and ocean tides ink.  Then I stamped a section of my watercolored panel with the type stamp from the Ombre Builders set and I also stamped three small butterflies from the Beautiful Butterflies set in ocean tides, stamping off to lighten the color.  Once that was dry I stamped my Celebrate sentiment in black pallet ink and added a die cut stitched frame.  I arranged my flowers and leaves around the edge of my watercolored panel and adhered them with tape then used foam tape to adhere the whole panel to my white card base.  To finish off my card I added a few iridescent sequins and used a wink of stella glitter brush on some of the petals on the flowers.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Karren Johnson - September Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.


Pin It

3 comments:

Karren said...

This is such a beautiful card! The loose watercoloring looks fabulous!

Lisa H. said...

gorgeous Lynn! those flowers are sooo, so pretty!

Stampingcountry said...

Simply beautiful!