Friday, June 17, 2016

Concord & 9th - Sending Hugs & Kisses

Hi there!  Hope you're doing well!  Today I've got a post here on my blog and over at the Concord & 9th blog where I'm sharing a gift set that I created early last month while I was a guest designer for Concord & 9th.  If you've had this fun Concord & 9th Hugs die or Hugs stamp set on your wish list or have been waiting for it to come back in stock, now is your chance to grab it up!
For my card and matching gift box, I used the Hugs die and coordinating Hugs stamp set along with the flowers from the Flourish stamp set.  I used a piece of white 12"x12" cardstock to create both my card and gift box and a piece of black cardstock for my die cut hugs for on my card and box.
I started out my card by die cutting with the Hugs die, you can see a video on how this fantastic die works by clicking here.  Once my Hugs was die cut, I stamped my flowers in raspberry fizz, hibiscus burst and lovely lady ink, stamping off with some of the flowers.  Then I did some ink blending along the top and bottom of my card using the same ink colors that I stamped the flowers in.  After that I used the Hugs die again to die cut my black cardstock and adhered them onto my card front.  Next I stamped the sentiments and hearts from the Hugs stamp set and glued on some silver sequins to finish it off.
The gift box I created was made with the same supplies as my card except I made it into a box.  You can view step-by-step directions in the slideshow below.
Wouldn't this be fun to give with a bunch of Hersey Kisses inside?
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Pin It

2 comments:

HJ said...

Love this set and how it makes such a cute card and/or box. The split hugs is so unique. I love the colors and how you stamped on the inside of the box as well. Thanks for the video. Great job. Have a great day!

Misty Elam said...

Wow, this is beautiful!! I love what you've done here!!