Saturday, December 5, 2015

Warmest Wishes

Hi there!  I'm popping in today to share two cards that I created using the Papertrey Ink stamp set Cup of Cheer.  I also used this week's PTI Make-it-Monday #233 where Danielle shares her tips for the splattering technique.
For my first card, I used the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #215 for my layout and for both of my cards I used inspiration photo from the Fusion Challenge.  For this card I used a piece of hawaiian shores card stock for along the top of my card and randomly stamped it with the flower images that came with the set.  For the lower portion, I used watercolor paper and I sponged on some hawaiian shores ink then added some water droplets and splatters until I was satisfied with the look.  For both cards I die cut and stamped the teapot, cups and flowers and then went back and added a bit of shading to the flowers with Copic markers.  For a little extra sparkle, I used a piece of double sided tape along the bottom of my stamped hawaiian shores piece and dusted on some iridescent glitter and added a rhinestone to the center of the main flower.
For my second card there's not much that is different other than the layout where I used a die cut circle as my base for the teapot and cup and I die cut a PTI banner and stamped my sentiment.

That's it for me today, I'll be back tomorrow with my Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge card.

Pin It

10 comments:

Kay Miller said...

Oh both of these are beautiful Lynn! I really love the one with the circle! Your splattering is perfect and I love the colors!

Marcia Hill said...

Both of these are just lovely and the color is just pure perfection. I am so wishing I would have gotten this set...way too many pretty cards like yours out there that make me think I missed the boat on this one. One more to add to my wish list! :0)

Georgiana said...

Very pretty!

Kathy Mc said...

Both cards are beautiful, Lynn, but agree with Kay about the one with the circle behind your focal image. Seems to really make it come alive. Love all the splattering I've seen for this challenge.

lainey said...

Both cards are lovely! Splattering is becoming a favorite "embellishment" for me now.

Cindy Hall said...

Beautiful cards, beautiful colors and especially beautiful backgrounds! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Michelle said...

Both of your cards are simply stunning. Love the colors.

Leigh Penner said...

These are so pretty! Gorgeous inking!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wow!!!!! Gorgeous gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion.

Deanne :)

Lyndal said...

Bothe fabulous cards Lynn! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!