Sunday, June 21, 2015

You're Fintastic Dad

 Happy Father's Day to all of the dad's out there!  I hope you're having a relaxing weekend!
It's Sunday and time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  I'm sharing the Father's Day card that I created for my kids to give to their dad who is an awesome father, I couldn't ask for better and my kid's are lucky to have such a great dad.
 I used the fun new Lawn Fawn stamp set and dies, Fintastic Friends (this set is so much fun!) along with the Lawn Fawn Argyle Backdrops for the bottom portion of my card.  This card also made me realize that I need more alphabet stamp sets because I had to go digging to find the one and only set I had which was a Hero Arts Classic Caps set to stamp out the "DAD" for my banner.  I had just received this Fintastic Friends stamp set and dies in the mail and wanted to use it for a Father's Day card especially after seeing the adorable Father's Day shaker card, Heidi Criswell created.

For my card, I started out with a new leaf card base, then a white panel.  I cut a piece of hawaiian shores cardstock on an angle and randomly stamped the same two fish that I used inside my fishbowl with hawaiian shores ink.  Then I placed my hawaiian shores piece that I stamped on top of a tropical teal piece of cardstock and used my stamped piece as a guide to cut the angle of the tropical teal piece.  After stamping the tropical teal piece and adding my banner, I taped both top panels on to the front of my card and stamped my sentiment.  I used my Copic markers to color my fishbowl and die cut fish and added a little bit of white gel pen and some foam tape underneath to pop the fishbowl up.

Pin It

1 comment:

Cindy Groh said...

So cute. Love it.