Sunday, February 8, 2015

i Love you - {SSSC255}

 Good morning!  It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.
I've been in such a Valentine mood, as soon as Christmas was over I couldn't wait to start creating Valentine projects.  I don't usually make that many Valentines each year but they are defiantly fun to create, today's projects were created for my daughter.  Looking at the sketch below, you're probably thinking I've forgotten the speech bubble but Karen has said that it was optional so I didn't work it into my card.  
I used the fun Mama Elephant stamp set In My Heart that I won from the Mama Elephant contest a few months ago.  I think this set is adorable!  I used the In My Heart set to create a Valentine card and  gift box.  For the card, I stamped the little girl onto white cardstock then stamped her again onto scrap paper to create a mask so that I could blend color over top of her.  I created another mask by using a rectangle die and some scrap paper which I laid over the stamped/masked girl so that the rectangle came just to her feet.  Then within the rectangle, I sponged on poppy ink and stamped red hearts above her head.  For the hill of grass she's standing on, I used another mask of scrap paper and sponged on some chartreuse and added some blades of grass with Copic marker.  The little girl was also colored with Copic markers and I used a white gel pen to add polka dots to her dress.
The small gift box is an old stand-by that I go to if I need something small and easy to put together, I'm sure some of you remember the 2-4-6-8 box.  I cut mine down so the height of my box is only 4 1/2".  I pinched the top together and used a hand held hole punch to create notches on the sides so I could tie on my bakers twine.
Be sure to check out what each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers has created using this week's sketch:
Thank you for your visit and I hope you enjoy your day!

Pin It

7 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Soooooooo adorable Lynn!!! I love that sweet image!!!

Georgiana said...

What a cute set!

Dana White said...

Lynn these are both so sweet. What a cute image

Peggy said...

Super cute! I just love cards like this with simple images and sponged backgrounds!

Kay Miller said...

Oh gosh these are both so cute!! I just love the blended red sky with the hearts! And that little ME girl is one of my all time favorite stamps! Wonderful projects!!

francesca said...

oh beautiful set!! :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable.