Monday, November 17, 2014

Craft Studio 2014

 Hi there crafty friends!  It's been a few years since I've shared some pictures of my craft studio and since I saw over at the Moxie Fab World that they're having a "Let's See Your Workspace" challenge, I decided to snap some pictures and jump in.
The first picture above (you're pre-warned, there are a lot of pictures in this post) is what you see when you walk in the door to my small basement studio.
This picture is a straight on view of the shelves above my work space which holds mostly embellishments like flowers, buttons and other small bits in plastic storage cases.  It also shows the plastic rain gutter that holds my ribbons and underneath that on the counter, is a white shelf I found a thrift store which I flipped upside down and put my colored pencils and watercolor pencils in jars with tins pails of bakers twine on the bottom shelf.
 The above picture is Command Central, this is where I get craft or try to on some days.  I like having everything within reach, it keeps things flowing.  From left to right I have my cutters, inks, glitter pens, Copic markers, tool caddy, an organizer that holds white cardstock, envelopes, black ink, pop dots and glue dots and a sketchbook.  Next to that I have an orange owl mug filled with clear blocks and some basic tools and to the right of that a small chalkboard/wipe off board that I use for drawing card sketches I'm creating with.  Above my tool caddy you'll see a mobile I created to add some color and whimsy to that corner, I saw on Pinterest about a year ago how someone took an old lamp shade and created a mobile so I gave it a whirl.  It's wrapped with ribbons and has flowers and birds hanging from it.
 The drawers under my ink pads store things like extra adhesive, stamp cleaner and extra ink pads.  The drawer below holds embossing powders, blending sponges, re-inkers and glitter.
 In the bottom drawer is a basket full of 6x6 paper pads.  On the left side of the basket the paper is divided by color and on the right by manufacture. I also have bags in this drawer (yes I'm a bag lady), small gift bags, plastic bags, paper bags.
 To the right of Command Central are drawers full of punches as you can see in the pictures above and below.
Further down my workspace are pull out drawers which hold my solid 8 1/2x11 cardstock.
And at the opposite end of the room I have an Ikea expedit bookcase that holds albums, books, magazines, stamps and on top my 12x12 paper.
 In the above picture you can see the closet that stores...you guessed it more stamps and scrapbooks.
The opposite wall from the closet, I have my Ikea raskog cart which hold my scrapbooking tools.
The picture above shows another cart I like using when I'm crafting, this cart was another thrift store find and I love it.  It holds my stamps, dies, embossing folders and more and I can tuck it against the wall out of the way when I'm not using it.
 Above is my basket of dies, the dies are on magnetic sheeting and fit into plastic sleeves.  Below I reorganized all of my clear stamps from plastic jewel cases and put them into Avery Elle stamp storage pockets after seeing how Jennifer Mcguire organized her stamps.  It took me quit a long time to accomplish this transfer but I'm glad I did it, I really like having my stamps this way. 
Another basket I keep on this cart is filled with embossing folders/impression plates and a few dies.
The bottom basket on the cart is filled with 8 1/2x11 designer paper and extra white cardstock.
And finally on the opposite wall from my work space is my computer desk.  On the boards above my computer and to the left of my desk, I pin up a mix of cards I've received, cards I've created, pictures of my kids, ideas and little crafts/pictures my 8 year old son has created for me.

Thank you for your visit!
Pin It

12 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE your crafting space, Lynn! So organized and so bright and sunny (you'd never know it's a basement room). Really love the lamp shade mobile in the corner! When you said you had a little room, I had to laugh. This is huge compared to my space! I'm envious. :-) Thanks for sharing!

Judie P. said...

Looking at your beautiful craft room gives me hope that one of these days I'll be able to accomplish doing the same thing! Just lovely!

Susi said...

Such a beautiful room that oozes creativity! I love that mobile, and all your organizational tips are amazing!

Debra said...

Nice craft room! Where did you get your inkpad holder?

Tracey McNeely said...

Lynn your craft room is awesome, beyond the fact that you are so organized you are so neat!! Loved looking at all the photos and appreciate the time you took to make this post and LOVE that the photos are so large. I need to finishing tidying before I can post my updated craft room!

Kay Miller said...

Oooooooh I want to come to your house to play!! Your craft room is glorious!! So neat and organized and you have so much wonderful space! I'm in love ..... So fun seeing where you create!!

Susan said...

THIS!!!!! This is my dream office/craft room! I'm an organizational freak and would love to have an exact copy of your room put in my 3rd bedroom! Right down to the IKEA cart and wall decor. This is amazing and I hope you win the contest!!

Susan said...

I forgot the second part!! Do you have a source list for the cabinetry, countertops, and components of the room? Thanks!

Karren said...

You have such a beautiful room! Well done!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Puleeeeeze come help me with my Room, LOL, LOVE it, Thanks for sharing!!!!

Marisa said...

What a fabulous creative space!! I'm jealous LOL! Looks fabulous and well done on all the organization :)

Nora Noll said...

What a beautiful room!! How do you keep it so neat? Mine almost always looks like a bomb went off in it. Thank you for sharing!!