Sunday, August 17, 2014

Hippo Birdie to YOU - {SSSC232/CMCC33/STB}

 Hello there!  It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge
This week I ended up creating two birthday cards using the sketch (which I flipped).  I also used a fun new Lawn Fawn stamp set that I recently purchased.  I had so much fun using these stamps, it's nice to switch it up some times and instead of always creating floral or more formal cards, it's fun creating something cute.  Both cards use the same Lawn Fawn Year Four stamp set with coordinating dies but I mixed up the colors/patterns.  I'm entering this first card in the Color Me Challenge #33 and both cards into the Seize the Birthday Challenge: Anything Goes.
 Hippo's are my favorite animal from the zoo, I always end up taking a ton of pictures of them whenever we go to the zoo especially the Toledo Zoo where you can get close up to them.  The picture below is from years ago when our youngest was still small.
Be sure to check out what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Stampers have created:

15 comments:

Tracy said...

Sooo love these cards. They made me smile from ear to ear. I also love how you flipped the sketch.

Vicki Burdick said...

Sooooo adorable Lynn!! Love that hippo and birdie!!! Such a fun card and I love how you used the sketch!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!!

Karen Motz said...

These are super adorable Lynn! Love how the sweet image is so perfect for the flipped sketch!

Dana White said...

These are adorable. Brilliant how toy flipped he sketch

Tracey McNeely said...

Lynn I love both of these cards, so bright and cute and CASEable!

Claire Broadwater said...

Lynn, I LOVE hippos, too! This card made me smile and I love the happy way it makes me feel! Both cards are precious! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me this week! XX

Unknown said...

I love your card, Lynn! Apart from the fact that it's TOTALLY adorable, your coloring is fantastic. And the tiny dots on the backside of the hippo just make me smile :)

Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

Julia
CMCC Design Team

Nancy said...

This card made me chuckle ...cute sentiment and wonderful colors! Thanks for sharing your talents with us over at Seize the Birthday!

Kay Miller said...

Oh I love what you did with your new Lawn Fawn goodies! I'm trying to decide if I like the blue hippo or the grey one better! They are both so cute and colored so wonderfully! Such a cute picture of the real hippo too! They are such interesting things! :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards! I simply love the hippos!! Thanks for playing along this week at Colour Me...!

JoAnn said...

What an adorable card. Love the cute image and your coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

OH Babs said...

Such a cute stamp set and your color choices are perfect.

Mary-Anne V said...

Very cute...love the use of the polaroid.

Monika Reeck said...

I love both scene you made are all happy with right colors and ADORABLE...I love the cute foto of your son...he is so cute as he was small...my son love Pinguin also we made much picture there if we go to Zoo....hugs, Monika