Sunday, August 24, 2014

Hello Sunshine

Hello and good morning!  It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!
I created two cards for this week's sketch, both cards use the Lawn Fawn stamp set Hello Sunshine.  The first card above I used the bumble bees from the set, stamped them, colored them with Copics and added Stickles to their wings.  The hello was die cut three times, glued together and then I added Glossy Accents to give it a shine (I saw this tip done on Kristina Werner's blog and really liked it).  for the lower portion of my card, I die cut three hexagons and backed them up with designer paper.
For my second card I used the cute birds from the Hello Sunshine set and again colored them different colors using Copic markers.  For my main panel I ended up using a Studio Calico stencil, tacking it down over my taken with teal cardstock and used a Versa Mark ink pad over the top of it, then used clear embossing powder and my heat tool to give my background a glossy chevron look (see photo below).  I'm entering both of my cards into the Lawnscaping Challenge #88 and the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp site.
 Supplies:  Hello Sunshine + Hello die Lawn Fawn, Copic markers, Circle dies, Buttons, Hexagon die, Glossy Accents, Stickles, Studio Calico stencil, Doodlebug Designs paper, Foam tape.
 
Be sure to check out what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Stampers have created:
Pin It

15 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Wow, love them both Lynn!! You nailed this sketch!!!

Danni said...

Oh my word!! These are just so fabulous! LOVE them!

Katie Skiff said...

Beautiful!! Love the embossing on the bottom card, great texture!!

Jodi Collins said...

Oh my Goodness! This is CUTENESS overload!! LOVE the little bees with their sparkly wings!! ADORBS!

Marisa said...

Adorable time two!!

Karen Giron said...

Oh my goodness, these are adorable! I love the little hexagon windows in your bee card - so fun and clever! And the birds on a wire are darling!

Tracy said...

Lynn these are sooooo flippin' cute! I love them both. Such happy, happy cards.

Barbara said...

Over-the-top-cuteness here, Lynn! Don't ask me to pick a favorite because I can't--they are both sunny perfection!

Kay Miller said...

Oh my goodess!!! These are both SO cute!!! I keep scrolling up and down trying to decide which one I love the most! I can't , they are both so adorable! I love the hexagons cut out of the first one and those little bees are darling!

Meihsia Liu said...

Both cards are so adorable! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Lisa H. said...

In.Love! these are terrific. love me some Lawn Fawn.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Love Love Love both your card and would love to case. I have ordered the stamp set and now waiting. I really like the Lawn Fawn sets and dies.

{Chrissie} said...

I LOVE them both! The colors and the textures are awesome! Thank you for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

Yainea said...

Amazing cards!! The mix of colors and patterns is great and how cute are those little ones? Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

Monika Reeck said...

you nailed the sketch and I loooveee how you colored the Image its cute cute Image I wish I have those little cute bee and birdie stamp...Love your bright and happy card Lynn, hugs, Monika