Friday, March 15, 2013

CTD#233 - Happy Birthday

 Hi there!  Well the old saying better late than never applies to my blog post today since I'm just now posting my card for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.  Our hostess for this week is Lori who chose our spring/Easter colors and inspiration photo.
As you're looking at my card you'll see that I've forgotten one of the colors from the challenge which is pumpkin pie.  All I can say is that this card was my second attempt at creating a card (total lack of mojo lately) and I had the pumpkin color laying out on my desk and guess what?  It wasn't until I was typing up my post that I noticed it was missing.  Anywhoo, I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set Garden Variety along with the coordinating dies to create my birthday card along with the stamp set Happy Hexagons for my sentiment.
Be sure to visit the other Color Throwdown design team members for more inspiration using this week's color challenge!
 
Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri
Denise Marzec - The Paper Landscaper
Our March Guest Designer -
Kim Howard - Basement Stamper

Thanks for stopping by!
Pin It

5 comments:

Sunehra Koshy said...

Wow... it's adorable. Definitely screams spring... love how you've created that distressed effect on the watering can.. so cute!
Crafting Till The Crack of Dawn

Lori said...

Beautiful spring card, Lynn!

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo pretty, Lynn...what a darling little watering can and I love how you stamped it in kraft!! The little flower and ribbon are such beautiful details!!!!!!!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card (again!) You are so talented and I love this layout. It's perfect. OOOPS about the orange, but I think everyone will forgive you! LOL.
Have a great day Lynn!

Linda said...

Lynn,
What a beautifully springy card. Love it. So elegant...