Sunday, February 3, 2013

SSSC#177/PDCC#167/PTIMIM#102 - Happy Birthday

 Hello, hello!!!  I don't know about you but I'm ready for spring.  Looking out my window today and seeing all the fresh falling snow is beautiful but I'm longing for green grass and flowers and that's what inspired my projects today. 
Today is the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #177.  Karen has another fabulous sketch for us to create with and we hope you'll take the time to join in on the fun.
For my card and pillow box birthday set, I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set Embroidered Blooms along with the coordinating flower and Turning a New Leaf dies.  I'm also entering this set in The Play Date Cafe Color Challenge #167 and my pillow box in the Papertrey Ink Make-it-Monday Challenge #102.  The colors for The Play Date Cafe challenge are my absolute favorite colors, they're colors I wear and colors I have in my home so I knew I had to join in and create a project for it. 
The closest thing I have to magenta for paper is pink passion so that's what I went with for my flowers and ribbon.  A few details about my card and pillow box: the daffodil delight background panel and Happy Day die-cut piece on the pillow box were randomly stamped with flower images from the EB set and then embossed using a PTI impressions plate for added texture.  The Embroidered Blooms leaves were stamped several times on the white focal panel on my card and then I die-cut and stamped a set of the leaves and cut them apart to add around my pink flower. 
Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using the SSS sketch!

Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse 
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell 
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Karen Giron: The Sweetest Thing
Dawn Easton: Treasure Oiler Designz 
Jackie Pedro: The Scalloped Edge
Lori Tecler: Inking Aloud
Melissa Hubert: My Paper Obsession
Tracy Clemente: Eat Sleep Stamp

 Well that's it from me today, I hope enjoy your Sunday and thanks for dropping by!
 
Pin It

23 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Lynn!!!! These are GORGEOUS!!! I love the colours you've used, together they are simply DIVINE!!

xx SJ

Vicki Stys said...

Oh my word, Lynn... these projects are stunning! Love the vibrant colors, the awesome details and how you coordinated everything. Simply perfect!

June K said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! What else can I say? I absolutely LOVE this set. They are beautiful.

June K said...

Oh, just to clarify. . . I love your matching card and pillow box set. I was not referring to the stamp set (although I have that set and love it too).

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness, Lynn! These are GORGEOUS! WOW! I love the colours and those stamps!! I MUST get them. LOL you ALWAYS enable me with PTI goodness!!

Lori said...

Beautiful ensemble, Lynn! Love how you used these bright, springlike colors.

Karen Motz said...

Gorgeous Lynn! Love this colour combo!

Anonymous said...

So pretty and I love the springy colors!! So nice and bright!!

Tracy said...

Shut the front door! OMG Lynn this is just fantastic. I love every inch of this project. It makes me smile.

Marcia Hill said...

Both the card and the pillow box are beautiful and I love the bright colors...I'm longing for spring too as I watch the snow falling AGAIN!

Vicki Burdick said...

OH MY Lynn, this is amazing, love that stamp set, it is so pretty!! Love the colors you used, looks like spring to me!! Fabulous!!!!!

Karen Giron said...

Oh goodness, Lynn! These are jaw-dropping amazing! I love, LOVE the happy spring colors and the flowers are super cute. The pillow box is such an extra little treat too! LOVE!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Lordy, Lynn! This is GORGEOUS!

Amy O said...

Oh, my! I can envision Spring again after studying your card. I love your colors, and you make that stamp set look so gorgeous. Great card!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

You just knocked my socks off! This post is SOOOOOO amazing! I love every last gorgeous detail. Thanks for cheering me today! :-)

Nancy Penir said...

Could not be sweeter! Makes one long for spring! Perfect colors, so bright and cheery.

Rachel said...

so beautiful! that treat box is adorable. love how you used the colors! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Sadie said...

Those colours are so eye catching!! You have done such a pretty job on that set. So nicely put together!

Kim Heggins said...

Lynn, this is so beautiful and those colors, stunning. So much in incredible detail too. Love them both.

Carissa said...

Amazing card and pillow box! I just love you color scheme and layouts. The butterfly detail is wonderful.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Love, love, love! Great take on the color story and so glad you could play along this week!

Sunehra Koshy said...

Wow this is just so beautiful. Saw it in the PDC Gallery and just come by - And my oh my - it's a stunner! Happy to be your newest follower :)
Crafting Till The Crack of Dawn

Diana F. said...

Another amazing card! I love all this color, it just makes me happy and your posts lately have restarted my creative energy and I needed a boost. Thank you for sharing your work and sharing your talent, it always just floors me how beautiful your cards are each week.