Sunday, July 29, 2012

SSSC164 - I Have You in My Heart

Hello and welcome!  It's time for another fun Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!  Today I have a card that I created for a special friend of mine who's going through a difficult time. 
 
I used several different stamps on this card to give it a bit of an artsy kind of look.  Most of the stamps are from Hero Arts including the Solid Heart Background stamp, Bird with branch and the All Occasions Messages.  I'm in love with this new "Fabulous" My Mind's Eye designer paper pack that I used as well, it has such pretty patterns and designs you can cut up for card making or scrapbooking.
After creating my card I didn't have an envelope large enough to fit so I used a flat paper bag I had and decorated it to coordinate with the card.  I used a strip of designer paper, another Hero Arts sentiment and Papertrey Ink dies to complete the envelope.

For the inside top of the card I used a PTI flower die with a Verve sentiment in the center and on the bottom portion of the card I stamped a sentiment from the Taylored Expressions stamp set Friendship Blooms (you can click on any of the pictures for a closer view).

Supplies: Solid Heart Background, Bird with Branch, All Occasions Messages and flower gems - Hero Arts, Friendship Blooms & Flower die - Taylor Expressions, Circular Sayings - Verve, Circle punch, Spiral punch, Butterfly Sizzlet - SU, Flower die, Heart Border die, Doily Details die, Banner die, Button - PTI, Bakers Twine, Leaf pins, Paper bag, Copic markers, Foam tape.  Colors: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Pink Passion.

Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using the SSS sketch!

Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse 
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Karen Giron: The Sweetest Thing
Dawn Easton: Treasure Oiler Designz 
Jackie Pedro: The Scalloped Edge
Lori Tecler: Inking Aloud
Melissa Hubert: My Paper Obsession
Tracy Clemente: Eat Sleep Stamp

Thank you for your visit!
By the way, don't forget to check out Karen's blog candy that she has up for grabs on her blog today!

Pin It

12 comments:

Vicki Stys said...

This is so beautiful, Lynn! And I know it made the recipient feel so special, too : )

Lori said...

Lynn, this is gorgeous! Love the mix of images on the image panel--and that fun paper bag wrap you made, too.

Dawn Easton said...

Lynn, this is the sweetest!!! It's darling, inside and out! The package is awesome too! Brilliant idea!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Gorgeous! So much work put into a beautiful card! LOVE the decorated "envelope" you made!

Vicki Burdick said...

WOWZERS, so loving this Lynn, so much to see, it is PERFECTION!! I love that decorated paper bag for the envelope and the inside is gorgeous!!

Tracy said...

Holy heart failure, Batman! OMG Lynn this is AMAZING!!! Truly a work of art. Love every inch of this.

Karen Giron said...

You worked overtime on this beauty! I love all the elements you added with the image and the leaf pins are AMAZING! I can never get those things to look right, and you are so clever making them into leafy vines. I must remember that! Love the packaging - just perfect.

Queen Mary said...

Wow Lynn! you did an excellent job of combining all those different stamps! Beautiful card!

Dana White said...

Lynn this is amazing. Your card is stunning. The inside amazing and how brilliant are you making the envelope?!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card and 'envelope'. Love the layers and pretty colors... so creative Lynn.

Anonymous said...

Lynn, I love this too!

Karen Motz said...

This is gorgeous!!!!!!! I love how you used so many stamps to create the focal image and that paper bag envelope is perfection!!!