Wednesday, May 9, 2012

CTD191/rs#10 - Smile

It's Wednesday and time for another Color Throwdown Challenge!  I'm hostess for this week and I chose the photo below which I found on Etsy.  I really liked the colors and texture of the tissue pom poms and thought that the photo would make for a good inspiration piece.
For my card I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set Four of a Kind and the Retro Sketches Challenge #10 for my layout.  I kept my card clean and simple, starting with a elegant eggplant card base, an embossed panel of cool caribbean (I don't have pool party) and my main panel which which I stamped with my image and sentiment.  I stamped and cut one of the individual blooms, then hand cut it out and popped it up for some added dimension.  I added light green rhinestones to the centers of the flowers tied on my ribbon and added purple rhinestones in the upper right corner.
Be sure to check out what the other design team members have come up with for this week's Color Throwdown challenge!

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Kristin Eberline - Mindless Creativity
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri
A warm welcome to Kittie Caracciolo - Kittie Kraft - as our May Guest Designer

I hope you'll take the time to play along with the CTD challenge this week!



Pin It

17 comments:

Vicki Stys said...

Beautiful, clean design, Lynn! Love the touches of bling you added! Love the picture and colors you chose!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful! Love the big flowers and the added rhinestones! Wonderful card, Lynn!

Barbara said...

Love this color combo, Lynn! And I love your card! Those flowers are perfect for this challenge!

Karen Giron said...

Love these colors, Lynn - your card is STUNNING! Absolutely gorgeous.

Kittie said...

Lynn, this is so fresh and inviting. I love the flower popped.

Rhonda said...

So pretty Lynn. Love the rhinestones with 4 of a kind.

Danni said...

Very pretty and such wonderful colors!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous ard Lynn, I love the colours this week. Great take on the sketch.

Kim O'Connell said...

Awesome combo of challenges! Beaitful card! Really jumped out at me!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Such a pretty card Lynn! The colors are really wonderful together! Love how the large flower goes off the edge! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, I LOVE your card, Lynn! The dimensional, out of the box flower is a perfect touch! These colors were so fun to play with!

carol (krillsister) said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card. Love how you stamped the flowers and added dimension with the third one.

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, what pretty blue flowers, Lynn, and I love how you used the beautiful eggplant ribbon!!!!!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

STUNNING! These colors are gorgeous and your design is totally beautiful. I love this!
Have a wonderful day Mz. Lynn!

Arielle H Gordon said...

WOOHOO - Congrats on your SHOUTout this week at RetroSketches!!! Love your exquisite card!!! The colors are awesome! Thank you so much for playing with us!

Broni said...

I loved the color choices and your inspiration photo this week, Lynn! Your card is just beautiful!

Lori said...

So pretty! The one popped up flower on the image panel is just perfect. Love the colors you chose!