Wednesday, May 2, 2012

CTD190 - 50th Birthday





Good morning!  Are you ready for another fun Color Throwdown Challenge this week?  Lori is our hostess and she's got some fantastic colors picked out along with a great inspiration photo to go with it.
The card I have using this week's colors is a birthday card for my oldest brother Jeff, it's hard to believe that this Saturday he's turning the big "5-0".

I was inpired by a few of my friends who had created some swing and different folded type cards this last weekend while we were together doing some stamping.  So I thought I would give it a try and create something different for my brother's birthday card.  I went with a Joy Folded card that I found the tutorial for on Splitcoast Stampers and went with a top flap instead of a side flap.  I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set Big Birthday Wishes along with the die cut numbers which I cut out using cardstock and chip board.



Supplies: Big Birthday Wishes & dies, Friendship Jar, Little lables & die, Banner die - PTI, Chip board, Star punches, My Mind's Eye designer paper, Foam tape.

Be sure to check out what the other design team members have come up with for this week's Color Throwdown challenge!

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Kristin Eberline - Mindless Creativity
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri
A warm welcome to Kittie Caracciolo - Kittie Kraft - as our May Guest Designer

I hope you'll take the time to play along with the CTD challenge this week!
Pin It

11 comments:

Vicki Stys said...

Very cool card, Lynn! Love the fold, the colors and that big 5-0! I'm sure your brother will love it.

Jenny said...

What a fabulous crisp and clean card. Love it! x

Kerri said...

OOH, this is so fun! I'm going to have to try this fold! I'm sure your brother will love it too:)

Kittie said...

Lynn, what a wonderful masculine birthday card. Your brother will love it. Hmmmm! 50 sounds pretty young to me.

dpkennedy said...

Fabulous card Lynn! I love the clever design! What a fun card for the recipient!

Holly saveur said...

Love the way this card folds..super!

Broni said...

Fabulous bold birthday card for your brother, Lynn! (HB to him!) I love the Joy fold and always forget to try something cool and different like this. Thanks for reminding me!

Wanda Cullen said...

I've been stamping for MANY years and have never tried this fold...LOVE it! What a great and special card for your brother!

Joan Ervin said...

What a great guy card, Lynn...love how you used the colors and the fancy fold design is awesome!!!! Your brother is going to love this!!!!

Lori said...

Fabulous masculine birthday card, Lynn! Love the fancy fold, too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful 50th birthday card ,i am sure your brother will love it...