Wednesday, February 15, 2012

CTD#179 - Simply Jane Birthday


Hi everyone, it's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge #179.
Our hostess for this week is Kristen who chose some pretty colors as well as the sweet picture below for our inspiration.

For my card that I created I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set Simply Jane along with the coordinating dies.
Supplies: Simply Jane + dies - PTI, Ribbon, Buttons, Twine, Embossing folder, Foam tape.

Be sure to check out what the other design team members have come up with for this week's Color Throwdown challenge!

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Keva Brown - How Now Brown Kow
Kristin Eberline - Mindless Creativity
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri
Jenny Peterson - My Little Stampin Spot - February Guest Designer

I hope you'll take the time to play along with us this week!
On a personal note, I haven't been able to post or create all that much lately because over the past several weeks my kids have been sick.  Add a new puppy (pictures to come) to the mix of three sick kids being sick with mono and the flu and me waiting on them and cleaning, there just hasn't been time. 
I can't wait for spring!

6 comments:

Vicki Stys said...

Absolutely beautiful, Lynn! You not only rocked the color challenge but you really showcased this PTI set perfectly. It looks like such a hard set to use to me : )

Wanda Cullen said...

So sorry about your sick household! That's never fun to deal with, but glad you found time to create this GORGEOUS card! Love the layers of flags and the cameo silhouette!

Barbara said...

This is a stunner, Lynn! I love how you used that set and the colors! Just gorgeous!

Joan Ervin said...

This is my favorite card this week, Lynn...it's sooo elegant and classy!!!! I have had that set on my wish list but after seeing your card, I think I need to order it...you are such an enabler...LOL!!!!

Marlena M. said...

Bless your heart, I pray your house gets well again. Your card is so classy and elegant. ;)

Kristin Eberline said...

This is jaw dropping, girl! LOVE how you used the silhouette stamp and your layout is perfect (and so unique). Beautiful!