Tuesday, May 24, 2011

CR84FN/Make-it Monday #16 - Sympathy

Hello friends!  Hope you're doing well.  Today I have two cards that I created for the CR84FN Color Challenge and for the Papertrey Ink Make-it Monday Challenge #16 which was to create a sympathy card.  I used the PTI stamp set Sending You for both cards which is an awesome set, I love all of the sentiments included along with all of the flower and leaf images. 

For my first card I used the coordinating die for the Sending You set and stamped the outline and sentiment in Perfect Plum and the leaves in Crumb Cake.  Then I used two of my PTI flower dies and cut one in Perfect Plum and the smaller in Pale Plum which I then stamped and added a rhinestone to.  The flowers were then added to my white die cut piece with foam tape.  The bottom portion of my card was embossed with dots and the upper portion was SU designer paper that I randomly stamped with some of the flower/leaf images.
For my second card I used all of the same supplies except instead of die cut flowers I used my SU Sizzix butterfly die and cut two butterflies in the two colors and added a punched flower and pearl to the center.

I'm hoping to have a little more stamping time once the end of the school year is over.  Our youngest finished his last day of preschool last Thursday (I'll miss those precious few hours every Tue. & Thursday morning) and my daughter just finished her last dance competition for the year this last weekend.  Now all that's left are award ceremonies, end of the school year parties, a dance recital, and my daughter's birthday party with her friends and another with family.

7 comments:

Teresa said...

Both cards are very nice. Great to see the color.

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are so pretty Lynn! Love the flower and butterfly embellishments mixed with the embossed backgrounds! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Andrea M said...

WOW Lynn!!! These cards are AMAZING!! Such beautiful DP and fabulous use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh gorgeous Lynn, love the purples!

Vicki Stys said...

Beautiful job, Lynn, on both projects! Love how you stamped over the dsp. This is on my PTI wish list {sigh}... it never seems to get any smaller! LOL.

Good luck trying to get more stamping time!

Deborah Frings said...

Both cards are just super - I do like the texture and pretty papers. I particularly like the flower topper! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Sue Lelli said...

Lynn, WOW! BOTH are so PRETTY! LOVE how you used mostly the same supplies and created two very different cards! LOVE the butterfly tons! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!