Thursday, February 17, 2011

SC320 - Springtime Smiles

 Hello friends!  I don't know about you but I'm so ready for Spring, so when I saw the fun sketch Challenge on the Splitcoast Stampers (SC320) site yesterday I knew I wanted to create something using the new SU stamp set Easter Blossoms
My card base is Marina Mist with a panel of white and Bashful Blue designer paper with the corners punched using the Ticket Corner punch.  Then I added a vertical panel of the white and Marina mist that I embossed using the Perfect Polka Dot Impressions Folder.  After that I added the horizontal Bashful Blue cardstock with a piece of white Eyelet border along the bottom, I tied on my white taffeta ribbon and a piece of Marina Mist ribbon and added my two Tiny Tags using some string.  I stamped the sweet little girl image and sentiment in Marina Mist, added a mat and scallop punch some pearls and the card was complete.
I wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of you for the incredible response to my "Life is a Matter of Moments" card from my last post.  All of the wonderful comments that were left truly warm my heart and make my day brighter.  What was extremely exciting news was that my card was chosen in all three of the challenges that I entered it into, The Colour Queen, The Play Date Cafe and Pals Paper Arts as well as Nancy Riley's iPicks for the week.  I'm honored to have my card highlighted, thank you.

8 comments:

Beth said...

You deserve the recognition Lynn your card was fabulous as are all your creations! This Springtime card is no exception! Congratulations!

Danni said...

Oh Lynn!! This is beautiful! I struggle with monochromatic cards but you obviously don't as this is beyone amazing!! Fabulous job!

Vicki S. said...

Lynn, you did a beautiful job with your Easter Blossoms card (especially since you now have a slacker demo...lol). Love the monochromatic look... you really pulled it off!

Congratulations again on winning all those challenges... it was totally deserved as it was a stunning card!

I'm trying to enjoy the springlike weather but then I see the calendar and realize it still is only February... ugh! I, too, am so ready for spring!

Sue from Oregon said...

I love this card...your SU! creations are always the best! I just finished a similar card for my grandson's first birthday, using a cricut image though. I love this stamp set!

Carla said...

Your card is fabulous. I love monochromatic and your blues are so beautiful. Congrats on the wins, you card was beautiful! hugs,

Kelly Schelske said...

This is just fabulous Lynn, I love it!

Beate said...

Lynn, that's so soft and pretty! You made a beautiful card with that difficult sketch.
Hugs and smiles

Dawn Easton said...

Lynn, this is beautiful girl! Love the blues! I need that Marina mist! It's fabulous! GREAT card for the sketch!