Monday, November 15, 2010

Taylored Expressions November Key Ingredients Kit

Hello everyone!!!  Today is the release of the Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients Kit and I'm super excited to share a few of the projects I've created using some of the fun materials from the Kit! 

Each month Taylor comes up with a challenge for all of us to get our mojo going and this months challenge is:  November Key Ingredients Challenge: There's a modern homemaker in all of us, right? For our challenge this month, you should create something to spice up your kitchen, or anything featuring kitchen icons or food (food stamp images or real food!).  
 For the challenge I created a few projects that I know I'll definitely use (I'm always striving to stay organized), I used yummy food images (can't go wrong with these cute TE cupcakes) and I know these items will help to spice up my kitchen.  I used the Taylored Expressions stamp set For the Love of Cupcakes to create a coordinated set with a notebook, magnetic calendar and cupcake magnets.  The Key Ingredients Kit for November has so many fun products included in it this month, one being the Modern Homemaker designer paper by October Afternoon.  I love the colors, patterns and designs on these great double sided designer papers and they offer so many possibilities when it comes to creating.  To see all of the details for this months KI Kit and to sign up to receive your TE Key Ingredients Kit click HERE.
Above is the notebook I created, which measures 4 1/4" x 6 1/4", I bought a pack of five Post-it note pads and used one of them for the inside.  The outside cover which was made using a piece of the Maraschino cardstock measures 6 1/4" x 9" with score lines at 4 3/16" and 4 3/4" to create a book cover.  This notebook is the perfect size to carry in your purse or have at hand.
 For the base of my magnetic cupcake calendar I used some of the Lakeshore blue cardstock and cut it to 4 1/2" x 8", I attached a computer printed calendar with brads and cut and colored this cute cupcake image using my Copic markers.

Here you can see the calendar and magnets on my fridge already in use.  This set would make a great gift for a friend, co-worker or teacher.

Be sure to visit the rest of the Key Ingredients Design Team members below to see what they've designed for this month's challenge.

and Taylor of course!

We would also love to see what you can create for this month's challenge when you receive your Key Ingredients Kit!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Lynn how FABULOUS!!

Melody said...

Cute ideas! Just love the calendar! The cupcakes are perfect with that paper.

Jessica Diedrich said...

Great minds, Lynn! LOVE that you made something for your fridge, too ;) Your little notebook is darling and I LOVE the calendar w/ the cupcakes-perfect combo! Looks fabulous!

Kelly Schelske said...

Super fun projects Lynn, I love the calendar!!

Vicki S. said...

Lynn, these projects are so sweet!!! ; ) Yes, pun intended... haha. Love the fun colors, the darling stamp set and the way you used the items from the kit. Love everything you made!

Julie said...

Both of these project are wonderful! Perfect inspiration for teach and co-worker gifts! TFS!

Taylor said...

OMGosh... this is sooooo cute, Lynn! I totally need one for my kitchen so I know what I'll be making this week!