Friday, October 15, 2010

Taylored Expressions October Key Ingredients Kit

 Hello there friends!  I'm super excited to share the projects I've created today using the Taylored Expressions October Key Ingredients Kit!!!  On the 15th of each month Taylored Expressions releases a new Key Ingredients Kit which is loaded with beautiful papers, ribbons and embellishments.  To view all of the details for this months KI Kit or to sign up for a subscription you can click here.
 On the 15th of each month when the new KI Kit is released Taylor issues a challenge to jumpstart every one's creativity.  This month the challenge was to use the October KI Kit and create a simple card that could easily be recreated (card above) and then to create a stepped up version of that card (card below).  I used the Taylored Expressions stamp set Branching Out for both of my cards and the fun Imaginisce Cider Apple designer paper, cardstock and ribbon from the Key Ingredients Kit.  For my first card I kept it relatively simple with most of my stamping being done directly onto my main image panel and only a bird and few leaves popped up for dimension.

For the stepped up version of my first card I added more detail, which included added dimension to the top of the tree, two birds, a nest, more leaves, border punch, stamping and matting my sentiment, a hilltop for the tree and buttons.  As a perk for Key Ingredient Kit subscribers Taylor has put together a step-by-step instruction sheet for the cards you not only see here on my blog post today but for all of the other cards the women on the team have designed for the challenge.

Be sure to visit the rest of the Key Ingredients Design Team members below to see what they've come up with for this month's challenge.

and Taylor of course!

We would also love to see what you can create for this month's challenge when you receive your Key Ingredients Kit!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Jami said...

Love both of your cards, but of course especially the 2nd one. I just had a total "duh!" moment. That is one of my very favorite TE sets...why on earth have I never thought of coloring it orange for Fall??? I love it! Maybe it's because I'm in SoCal where we don't have fall colors. Oh well - excited to get my kit!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous! Just gorgeous!! I love the fall feel to this! Fab job as always!

Melody said...

Your cards are just gorgeous! I love the colors you chose for the tree. I love all the little details you put on the second card.

Vicki S. said...

Well, you already know I LOVE these cards :D You already have my address so you know where to send them... LOL : ) Fabulous job, Lynn! You totally rocked the kit!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Pretty cards! Love the birds in the trees and the popped leaves! :)

Donna Baker said...

love your cards! the pop of the leaves is super!

Taylor said...

I LOVE your cards, Lynn! It's amazing how much popping the leaves up adds to the card! Such amazing dimension! And the orange tree is perfect for this time of year!

Jodi Collins said...

This is STUNNING! LOVE all the dimension on the tree and your coloring is GORGEOUS!

Karen Motz said...

WOW Lynn!!! These are both gorgeous!!!!! I can't decide which version I love more...You're a step-it-up genius!!! The details are fabulous!!!!!!