Friday, October 22, 2010

The Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Blog Hop

 Hello friends!  Are you ready for some fun?  I hope so because it's time for the Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Blog Hop!  This month the theme for the Hop is Christmas so everyone who is participating in the Hop has used their Taylored Expression Christmas stamps to create a card or project.  For my card I used the TE stamp sets Branching Out and Branching Out Coordinates as well as one of Taylor's past sketch challenges, TESCC61.  You can see from the picture below that I stamped the bare tree branch from the set then added three leaves, stamped the three ornaments and used Liquid Applique and glitter to give the effect of a snow covered branch.  I colored the leaves and ornaments using Copic markers and added a touch of Spica glitter pen to each of them.  Then I stamped two of the little birds from the set, colored and cut them out and using foam tape placed them perched on top of the snow covered branch. 
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of the Taylored Expression Blast from the Past Blog Hop!


24 comments:

Cassie said...

Beautiful! I love the snow on the branch, Lynn ;D

Banu said...

OMG!! This card is soooooo beautiful. I really loved it. All the details, so classy. PRETTY PRETTY!!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute... Adorable... I likey! Great color combo, too.

Lea L. said...

This is so cute!! I just love the branch stamp, and how you made it look covered in snow!! Great job! ♥♥♥

Anonymous said...

OMG, Lynn... this is absolutely PERFECT!!!!!!! You totally rocked that stamp set for Christmas... you go girl :D

Julia Aston said...

Love your decorated branch and the fun snow!

Melody said...

So cute!! Love the snow on the branch! Love the color combo and embellishments.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors you chose, your coloring is great, and that snowy branch is perfect! Great job!

jimlynn said...

Oh my.....I LOVE THIS!!! So cheerful and just wonderful. Fantastic card.
Lynn

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Lynn. Love the images you used... great colors and snowflake embellishment! :o)

Jodi Collins said...

This is MAGNIFICENT Lynn! LOVE the "snow" you added to the branch and the hanging ornaments totally make me smile!!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

What a striking card . . . I love the colors you used, and the birds on the branch with the snow and ornaments are wonderful. Great embellishments too!

Chris L.

Jenn said...

Your card is so cheerful! I love the touch of the "snow" on the branch!

Melissa Sauls said...

I swear woman...you can poop out gorgeous cards, LOL!! I hope you totally take that as a compliment. Never a disappointment when my reader lights up a new post from you. :)

Carolina said...

Such a stunning card - love the color combo you went with and all the little details with the spot of brown, the trim, and button/snowflake combo.

Natalie said...

Your card is fabulous! Love the snowy branch and the ornaments are so perfect! Love it!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just GORGEOUS, Lynn! I LOVE the snowflake, the ornaments and the snow! What a gorgeous card!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Such a cute image. I like the "snow" on the branch and the fun combo of papers and colors.

Joan Ervin said...

You have created such an adorable Christmas scene with the birds, branch, and ornaments!!! I love the button and snowflake detail, too!!!!

Karen Motz said...

This is delightful!!!! I love love LOVE the snow on the branch!!!!!!

Regina Mangum said...

Oh, this is so pretty. I love those sweet birds!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Beautiful! The snow is the perfect touch! Gorgeous coloring and pretty papers. Wonderful card, Lynn!
:) Rachel

Anonymous said...

This is just too cute Lynn, I am sooooo needing these sets! Thanks for the inspiration :)

sillyleann said...

Love, love, LOVE the branch and how you decorated it. Such a beautiful card!!