Sunday, October 31, 2010

SSSC91 - Merry Christmas

 Happy Halloween!!!  It's time for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and Karen has another great sketch for all of us to try!  Yes its Halloween and I've got a Christmas card to share, lol.  If you've been out at the stores you've seen that Christmas is everywhere and it seems like its out earlier each year.  I used the stamp set Season of Joy for my card and ended up turning the sketch vertical so that I could use the tree from the set.

Supplies: Season of Joy, Retired SU DP, Nesties, Ribbon, Gems.  Colors: Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Real Red.
To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card so we can all see your creation! 

Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch!
Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse
Laura Fredrickson: Scrapnextras
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Jen Tapler: Jen Tapler Designs
Hope you have a fun filled and safe Halloween!

10 comments:

Vicki S. said...

So festive, Lynn! And I had to laugh because you said Happy Halloween with a Christmas card... too funny! Anyways, super cute card! Hope you and your family have a fun day!

Karen Giron said...

I love your take on the sketch! The bow at the bottom of your tree is perfect and the extra rhinestones are lovely! Love this little tree :)

Vicki Burdick said...

Such a cutie Lynn!!! I am with you and did a Christmas card on Halloween!!! LOL! I think the stores are rushing it a bit, but I guess I am doing the same thing! LOL!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like the stripes as strips. Very fun holiday card.

Danni said...

How pretty!! Great card, Lynn!

Janet Mireault said...

Wow - I love this card - with the 'strips of stripes'. TFS.

Connie Collins said...

What a great take on this sketch! I love how you turned the card and added the bow.

Rose said...

Love your card and those awesome stripes!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Wonderful Christmas card Lynn! I still have tons of that paper...and you make me want to dig it out. It looks fabulous here!

Allison said...

Beautiful! Love the colours and bling!