Sunday, October 3, 2010

SSSC87 - Happy "Bird"-day to you!

Good morning!  It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!  For my card I ended up turning the sketch and using this fun Denami Design bird stamp that I purchased while I was at CHA a few months ago.  These little birds crack me up and were fun to color using my Copic markers.  I added some dazzling diamonds to the top of their party hats but other than that I kept this card simple.

To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card so we can all see your creation! 

Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch! 
Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse
Laura Fredrickson: Scrapnextras
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Jen Tapler: Jen Tapler Designs

17 comments:

Peachy Wessels said...

What a really cute card! The colors are fun and cheerful! I have always loved those cute little birds stamps!

Vicki S. said...

So tweet, Lynn...LOL :D Seriously, this is such a cute card. Love the colors you used. Still haven't used this one yet... may need to break it out soon ; )

Anonymous said...

Lynn, it is a cute card! I love it. Good job!

Karen Motz said...

Cute cut CUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!! Those little birds make me smile and I love the colours you chose. Sigh...this is REALLY adorable!!!!

Karen Giron said...

So adorable! I think I like the sketch flipped on its side better - hahah! Love those little birdies :)

Sue from Oregon said...

love this stamp and such a sweet card! My friend bought this one at the last convention and I bought the froggie stamp...just so cute!

Paulina said...

This card is DARLING! Love the colors and that embossed background!

Did you know that we currently have a special feature going where your DeNami cards can be featured in our newsletter? We'd love for you to enter yours (and enter our gift certificate giveaway)! http://denami.blogspot.com/2010/10/world-card-making-day-2010.html

Monica said...

So adorable Lynn! Love this card!

Jami said...

I purchased that same stamp when I was at CHA in Anaheim this year! Love what you did with it! So cute!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

ONG...they are totally cute! Awesome take on the sketch...love those bright birthday colours!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

OMG!!! How ADORABLE!!! LOVe this and all it's cuteness!!!

xx Sarah

Jenny said...

Just darling Lynn! I love this stamp!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is so cute in the pastel colors. I have this stamp but haven't used it in a long time. Thanks for reminding me.

Krista said...

The stamped image is too cute ! Love your card !

Dani said...

Adorable! Great job with the sketch and I love the colors!

Denise Marzec said...

Love those cute little birds, and such a sweet color combo! Adorable card!

~Tammy~ said...

Congratulations on being featured in the DeNami newsletter! This is too cute! Love the colors too!