Sunday, May 2, 2010

SSSC67 - Masculine Birthday Card

It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!  Today's card using Karen's sketch was created for my brother since his birthday is this coming Wednesday.  I used the stamp sets Lovely As a Tree and the retired stamp set Wonderful Words.  I colored this tree image two times once with chalk and another time with an aqua brush and in the end decide I liked it best just stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. 

Supplies: Lovely As a Tree, Wonderful Words, Sweet Pea DSP, Ribbon, Linen Thread, Circle punches, Brads, Pop dots.  Colors: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, So Saffron.
To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card so we can all see your creation!

Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch! 
Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse
Laura Fredrickson: Scrapnextras
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Nancy Riley: iStamp 
Jen Tapler: Jen Tapler Designs

On a personal note, I haven't been blogging much lately because not only have I been getting over a bad cold/cough and have been chauffeuring my kids around to track, drivers training, dance class, preschool and every other place in between but I've started reading again.  Over the last three weeks I've read six books and now I've started reading the Outlander series which is really good.  So please be patient with me I will be sharing more projects very soon.
Thank you for your visit.

17 comments:

Cindy Groh said...

Love this card. Fabulous job:)

Vicki (CraftCrazy98) said...

Wow, Lynn... a masculine card... good for you! They're soooo difficult for me! Nice job : )

I had to laugh when I found out you are reading the Outlander series. I've read them all and am currently reading 'An Echo in the Bone'. For some reason, it's taking me forever! But overall they're really good books (just not my typical genre). Enjoy!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I've missed your beautiful work... I do the same thing when I read! Everything else is forgotten except for the book in hand! Lovely card!

Lesley said...

Hi Lynn! What a great masculine birthday card! I love the colours and the way you added the little pinecone on the small circle. So sweet!

I hope I get the chance to play along!

Lesley :)

Karen Motz said...

This is handsomely gorgeous!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this Lynn!! Very masculine! Now stop reading and get to stamping, I miss ya!!! LOL!

Karen Giron said...

I love this! What a perfect masculine card - love the trees! So happy you are taking time to read - I miss that!

Mary Brown said...

WOW Lynn...this is GREAT! I haven't pulled out that set in ages...and it is such a classic!

Kathy Martin said...

Great card! LOVE the trees! It would also be fabulous for fall/Thanksgiving! :)

Nancy Riley said...

Beautiful job ... as always, Lynn! Enjoy your reading! We'll be here when you get back!

Ann Kranitz said...

Perfect in every way.

Tina said...

Oh my goodness, this is positively priceless.

shannon said...

i agree with nancy...we'll all be here when you're finished. around here, i'd savor time for reading...it's more like time for baseball with both boys playing! I love how you took a sketch that had a flower on it and turned it into a wonderfully masculine card...the hardest kind to make! great job.

Jenny said...

I love that background paper!!!! Really good masculine card! They are so hard for me to do =)

Dani said...

Wonderful masculine card! Love it!

cristena bagne said...

Hello Lynn, and Congrats! I am giving you the Sunshine award! for all your amazing talents! to find out more of what I wrote about you, or to find out more about the award please see my blog at http://www.gettincrafty.com
Thank you for sharing your talents with us! Inky hugs,Cristena

Unknown said...

Lynn, I'm giving you the Sunshine Award for being such a talented artist and consistent contributor on the web. I LOVE your sense of color and style and look forward to your postings! Your Sweet Sunday Sketch interpretations are always a favorite!

You can see the award at http://lindaspapergarden.com. Thank you for your daily inspiration!