Sunday, March 7, 2010

SSSC59 ~ Friends

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!  You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing
The card I have for the sketch today uses the stamp set Vintage Vogue and a color combination I really like.  For some reason I'm not big on using the color blue when I create cards but I do like this combination, it reminds me of my grandma's Delftware pottery.  It's difficult to see in the photo but I used the Very Vintage wheel on the Night of Navy card base.

Supplies: Vintage Vogue, Very Vintage wheel, Tiny Tags, Jewelry Tag punch, So Saffron DSP, Eyelet border punch, Ribbon, Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder, Piercer, Pearl, Pop dots.  Colors: Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, So Saffron.
To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card so we can all see your creation!
Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch!

Jennifer Tapler: Jen Tapler Designs
Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse
Laura Fredrickson: Scrapnextras
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
And Karen too!


19 comments:

Beverly G said...

Very French country, very pretty.

Vicki (CraftCrazy98) said...

Wow, this is an awesome card, Lynn! The sketch looks so difficult to me and yet when I see your card, everything just flows together perfectly! Great color combo, too! (19 days!!!!)

Katherine said...

I love the color combination - I think you've inspired me to even redecorate my freshly painted dining room with some yellow accessories!

The tiny tag is the perfect addition to this card!

Tina said...

This is pretty incredible, so sweet.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This turned out beautifully Lynn! Love this mix of colors! You always make such pretty cards with this set! :D

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

GORGEOUS!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS Lynn. Can't wait to get my very own Vintage Vogue set!!!

xx Sarah

Karen Motz said...

GORGEOUS!!! This colour combo is so pretty and totally looks like pottery, especially with the little flowers and vines!!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Another fabulous creation! Lovely color combination and beautiful finishing touches! Love it! :-)

Pam Speidel said...

WoW! I'm always inspired when I visit your blog Lynn! Another winning creation! Love the colors...and the SS sketch too, of course! Hope to play along later today! Smiles, Pam :)

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this Lynn, I am like you and rarely use the blues, don't know why since that is one of my fave colors. The color combo is definetly a winner and looks very country! love, love, love it!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

ga ga gorgeous, Lynn! LOVE the color scheme...so soft and pretty!

Kelly Schelske said...

Beautiful Lynn, love the colors!

Beth said...

A perfect set to use with this great sketch :) Lovely card Lynn!

Lee said...

So lovely! I love all your layers and patterns. This stamp set is gorgeous, and this card shows it off beautifully!

Lee x

Doris said...

Love the color combo on this card!

Wendie said...

Simply beautiful! Loved your source of inspiration.

Jenny said...

Beautiful!!! Just beautiful!!

Karen Giron said...

Wow, Lynn! I love the elegance of this card and the stamping on the NON paper is a perfect detail! Gorgeous card!

Wendy J. said...

Gorgeous, Lynn! Just what I'd expect from you! LOVE it!